Affliation with the CMHA
Joland Remarkable Bay and her 2016 filly Wicklow Way Brittas Bay.
by Lisa Kavanagh.
Photo: Tia Elizabeth Photography
Affiliated Clubs of the Canadian Morgan Horse Association
BRITISH COLUMBIA INTERIOR MORGAN HORSE CLUB - 2017
- PRESIDENT: Gunther Funk, 4280 Schubert Rd., Armstrong, BC V0E 1B4 250-968-4474
- SECRETARY:Debbie Miyashita, Box 192, Canoe BC V0E 1K0 250-804-2928
GREATER VANCOUVER MORGAN HORSE ASSOCIATION - 2017
- PRESIDENT: Peter Morrison, Box 31024, Sunshine Village, Delta, BC V4E 3M9 604-628-7401
- SECRETARY: Sonya Evans Bansi, 20169 Hillside Dr., Orange, CA 92689 714-944-8742
MANITOBA MORGAN HORSE CLUB - 2017
- PRESIDENT: Dianne Brown, Box 339, Manitou, MB, R0G 1G0 204-246-2302
- SECRETARY: Elizabeth Sims, Box 1475, Minnedosa, MB R0J 1E0 204-867-2840
NEW BRUNSWICK MORGAN HORSE CLUB -
- PRESIDENT: Rhonda Hamilton, 2809 Route 134, Shediac Cape, NB E4P 3E7 506-533-3214
- SECRETARY: Dawn Brown, 222 Route 870, Collina, NB E5P 1P8
ONTARIO MORGAN HORSE CLUB -
- PRESIDENT: Christi Nye 4200 Boundary Rd., Pontypool, ON L0A 1K0 647-234-2820
Nancy Kavanagh, Box 46, Port Perry, ON L9L 1A2 905-985-0691
SASKATCHEWAN MORGAN HORSE CLUB - 2017
- PRESIDENT: Terry Dalziel, Box 613, Oxbow, SK S0C 2B0 306-483-5138
- SECRETARY: Carol Uhrich, Box 143, Francis, SK S0G 1V0 306-245-3384
To have your local club listed, please contact the CMHA office for forms.
Purpose of Affiliation
The most important purpose of affiliation is to open lines of communication with all local clubs to insure that all Morgan owners, including those who do not belong to the CMHA, keep abreast of the rules and regulations of the CMHA and the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation and can easily locate the representatives for each committee in their respective zones.
The Eastern and Western Vice Presidents of the CMHA will alternate chairing meetings in their respective areas of the country during the Annual Convention if an affiliation meeting is called.
Advantages offered to an affiliated club:
- A club advertisement under “AFFILIATED CLUBS” in the magazine and on the CMHA web site.
- the club receives 1/2 page ad in the Cdn. Morgan Magazine (one per year)
- Each club secretary is sent on behalf of the club, a subscription to The Canadian Morgan Magazine.
- The club has one vote at the CMHA AGM.
- The club has more direct contact with Equine Canada.
- The club is offered free DVD rentals for their meetings.
- The club has access to the CMHA rules, regulations and forms.
- The clubs listed in the magazine are a source of contact for local CMHA members thus resulting in a possible source of new members for the listed club. (valued @ $85.00).
- The club secretary regularly receives a list of new Morgan owners for their own follow-up.